Expert in Ultrasound ScanningSpecialist in IVF and Fertility
Ultrasound is a medical term that encourages doctors to safely see inside a patient's body. The inaudible energetic sound waves help see the internal organs, muscles bones, and other body parts.
● The sound waves can give a clear pictorial view of the fetus in the uterus. It then helps assess a baby's growth in the womb.
● Besides this, the test helps in diagnosing the internal uneasiness of the organs and soft tissues, heart's blood vessels, liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, bladder, uterus, ovaries, eyes, thyroid, and testicles.
● Sometimes in special cases like needle biopsies, ultrasound imaging helps the doctor detect specific tissue in a precise area of the body for testing in the lab.
Types of Ultrasound Scanning:
1. In a transvaginal ultrasound, a handheld device is placed in a woman's vagina to get better images of their uterus and ovaries.
2. A transrectal ultrasound is sometimes used in the diagnosis of the prostate gland which surrounds the urethra, the tube through which urine passes out of the body.
3. A transesophageal echocardiogram uses the device to check the esophagus, the part of the alimentary canal which connects the throat to the stomach. It will help the sonographer obtain clearer images of the heart.
All the 3 types are done in our hospital by experienced doctors.
● Do not require needles, injections, or incisions.
● Patients aren't exposed to radiation. There are no known harmful effects when used.
● Captures images of soft tissues that don't show up well on X-rays.
● Widely accessible and less expensive than other methods.
Getting scanned by an experienced doctor is important in regards to your health and consistency to maintain health.
Book your appointment today by phone or online.